Now's the time to start thinking about your spring tune up around your house. As the snow melts you will see visible signs of winter's havoc, perhaps the uplifted driveway or sidewalk, lost gardens or plants or shingles that may have lifted during our wintry weather. Now is the time to book any contractors for work that needs to be done, as they quickly get busy, and if possible get it done now when they have more time eg. shingles.
Spring is also the time when we start to think about getting outside and enjoying the nice spring weather. You can begin to plan your spring planting or painting projects, planning out what you are going to do now and buying those necessary supplies so you are ready when the weather is good.
Some spring starters:
1. Get the lawnmower tuned up, blades sharpened and ready to go
2. Buy the lawn fertilizer or book a company that does your fertilizer or grub control - think green
3. PIck out the paint colour for that shabby front door or garage door. Now is also a great time to buy those artificial flowers that you may add to planters or front door wreath, that will match your new paint colour. Yellow forsythia branches, pussy willows and pansies are a great spring planter. You can even put artificial with real eg. branches with real pussy willows or frost hardy pansies.
4. Those lawn chairs that look a bit greyed can be freshened with either plastic or rustoleum paint, as opposed to buying new. Maybe new cushions would also freshen them up.
5. Bar-b-q season is coming so maybe it needs a tune up or spray paint job to prolong its life. And do you need a new tank? Plus a refill of the existing tank so you're ready for those steaks.
6. Inside, you may want to change the cushions or drapes in your living, dining or bedrooms to something more springy. New fresh linens really help to bring the spring in and boost your outlook, or try some fresh tea towels or bath towels. And a summery bedspread or comforter will make your bedroom look like a new room. Add some fresh spring tulips or fragrant daffodils and INSTANT SPRING!
For more info re Spring Cleanup, visit CMHC.ca ,http://www.cmhc.ca/en/co/maho/gemare/gemare_003.cfm HOme Maintenance Schedule, or contact Rick -